The Consular Department of the Nigerian Embassy Moscow renders consular services to Nigerian/foreign nationals resident in the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus.
Documents (police reports, marriage/divorce certificates, Birth/Death certificates, etc.) issued by Nigerian authorities for use abroad must first be endorsed by the Legal and Consular Department Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria, attached with relevant receipt, before presentation at the Embassy. All applicants are required to submit the underlisted documents in person at the Embassy. Applications take 72 hours to be processed from date of submission of hard copy of original document at the Mission.
Applicants who wish to authenticate their Nigerian-issued marriage certificates at the Embassy should provide:
- Original marriage certificate issued by the appropriate Nigerian marriage registry, legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nigeria, attached with relevant receipt for the legalization fee.
- Valid passport data pages of the applicant and spouse
- Copy of entry visa to the Russian Federation
- Notary translation of data page of Nigerian passport
- Duly completed Consular Service form
- Fee $20/2,100 Rubles.